Committee Chair: Sarah Burton
REMINDER: Room Parent and Room Helper Meeting is Tuesday, October 1st at 8:30pm immediately following the PTA Meeting in the Media Center
Room Parent Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Halloween and Valentine’s Day parties for your child’s class and help with the End of the Year Field Day/Pizza Party
- Communicate and delegate to Room Helpers
- Collect party money and manage budget for the three parties
- Communicate with your child’s teacher to let him or her know what you, along with the other parents from your child’s class, have planned
Room Helper Responsibilities
- Assist Room Parent and have a great time running the parties in your child’s class along with other parent volunteers
- Halloween Party: Thursday, October 31st, 2019 (2:15pm-3:40pm)
- Valentine’s Day Parth: Friday, February 14th, 2020 (2:40pm-3:40pm)
- End of the Year Field Day/Pizza Party in May/June (dates TBD)
Important Info: You should be able to attend the parties if you sign up as a Room Parent or Room Helper. Grandparents are welcome to sign up as well. Please note this is not assisting the teacher in the classroom.
How to Sign Up to Volunteer:
The Room Parent and Room Helper Sign-up Form (linked below) will be sent home with your child the 2nd week of school. Please return the form to your child’s teacher as soon as possible OR email the following information to Sarah Burton: your name, phone number, email address, and your child’s name, teacher’s name, grade, and your preference to be the Room Parent or a Room Helper.
Please also mark your calendar to attend the Room Parent and Room Helper Meeting on Tuesday, October 1st at 8:30pm in the Media Center.